Its been busy in tri circles of late, and even though E News hasn't
been so regular, there are lots of ways to keep up to date via our Facebook
We had a top morning for our Sprint #3 (NT Sprint C/ships) on the 9
April, the competition was on from the start and it was an interesting
watch for spectators. Well done to all our participants, in both the Sprint
and our Short Course.
A huge thank you to all our wonderful volunteers including:
Payne headed up our team on the day; our rego duo of Leanne Abel
& John Cowie;
post race refreshments handled by Roger
Decurtins went over a treat (we think you all enjoyed the
healthy options); Gary
Wall assisted with the trailer as well as
timing (he's always busy); we had two wonderful volunteers step up -
Georgina Murphy & Casey Winton were on transition guard duties & on
the finish line to get finisher numbers; Warren Purse
took over marshalling hot corner for us; all those who assisted on our
drinks station including our juniors - thank you; Dale Berk
on our dismount line; and a collective thanks to those who helped with set
up, pack away or where needed.
We sincerely appreciate your contribution to the running of
Elite Physio voucher winners: Moria
Wigley and Alan Barrett.
1. Sprint Series #3 (NT Sprint C'ships), 750m swim, 26km bike, 5.2km
NT Champions: Male: Luke
Fronsko 1:10:46 Female: Rachel McLean
Age Group Champions:
McLean | Luke
Fronsko 30-34: Hannah Donaldson | Matt
Dames 35-39: Leanne Fidler | Robert
Rawson 40-44: Ali Fitch | Aaron
Trenfield 45-49: Tara Worby | James
Geddes 50-54: Jo Duncan | Ron
Griep 55-59: Vicki Woodrow | Rob
Weatherald 60-64: Corinne Fabian | Barry
Sullivan 65-69: Daryl Stanley
Sprint Series Winner: Matt King Womens Series Winner: Ali Fitch
2. Short Option, 300m swim, 13km bike, 2.5km run
Hardy 35:51 Female: Karen Wilson
3. Challenge Melbourne, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run Tom Marsh
29th M30-34 4:55:22 Tom Ryan
62nd M35-39 5:23:24
4. Alice Springs Olympic Distance, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run Kevin Coyle
1st o/all 2:11:13
5. Coogee Beach Tri, WA, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run Jamie Baldwin
8th M30-39 2:11:42
1. Our next junior event is this Sunday
23 April 17 at Lake Alexander
07:15 registration for 07:30 start
2. This event will be an "off
road" duathlon (run, cycle, run) so please have the kids wear clothes
you won't mind getting grubby. The course will not be super challenging and
if the weather follows predictions it should be relatively dry.
3. If you are planning to
attend please let us know in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so we have approximate numbers for catering
3. PLEASE feel free to pass this info on
to friends who you think will be interested in coming along, the more the
merrier. They can email email@example.com for further details.
4. Fee for participation: Members $3 and
Saturday 6 May 2017 Kerran Mudgway Memorial Club Championships Lake Bennett Resort, Chinner Road, Lake Bennett 4:30pm
1km swim | 30km bike | 8km run or Short option: 500m swim | 15km bike | 4km run
Roster: Race Director: Lisa
Payne Registration: Tina
Sanderson | Clare
Labowitch Refreshments: Volunteer
required (we can source ice at
Notes: 1. Event History: The late Kerran
Mudgway was President of Darwin Triathlon Club 1998/1999 (at a time when we
struggled to fill positions). He was a great supporter and volunteer
at our club events. Sadly Kerran passed away on New Year's Eve 2001
after falling from a ladder and sustaining severe head injuries while
working on home renovations. His passing greatly shocked our close
knit triathlon community at the time. The Kerran Mudgway Memorial
Club Championships commenced in 2002 as a fitting way to remember Kerran
and his contribution to our sport.
2. This is our "must do" event
of the year. It's a challenge - afternoon start, fresh water swim and
1. Our new trailer will be getting a facelift soon. David
Hancock is arranging artwork to be wrapped along with our
logo and we are hoping to have this done by our Club Championships.
2. Our old trailer is for sale. Make an offer.
3. Roger Decurtins is looking into ways we can make
our post race refreshment choices healthier. If you have any
suggestions please feel free to chat to him. He is also researching
recycling options for our cans and other ways to reduce the amount of
rubbish at our races.
4. Our calendar committee has commenced work on our 2017 | 2018
calendar - that's a watch this space.
5. Cannibal advise our custom club gear will be dispatched this week.
I'll email collection details when it arrives and is sorted.
6. Timing guru Gary Wall is "playing"
around with options to make our event timing more streamlined.
7. Thanks to ThinkLab
in Nightcliff we now have a new home for our meetings. ThinkLab
is Darwin's first coworking community. If you are looking for casual,
permanent or parttime office space, give them a call.
1. A remote area doc would love to do the NT Olympic Distance on the
28 May 17. Anyone able to loan or rent him a bike for that event?
Needs a 52cm road bike. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you can assist.
2. A number of our members including Kerri Thomas, Kate Bell, Alan Huyton, Lisa Payne, Tom Marsh and Lucas Hayden
attended the Tri NT TO course last week run by Moz Bronjes.
3. Waterfront Lagoon is currently closed (due to discovery of small
4. Well done Glen
Smith and Karen
Wilson who completed the Easter in Alice MTB Muster.
5. We have Jo
Duncan heading over the ditch to compete at the World
Masters Games triathlon. Good luck
6. Great to see so many of our members out supporting and/or
participating in the Careflight Darwin Triathlon. The junior events were a
last minute shift to the Waterfront on Sunday and our little reps did us
proud with their enthusiasm. Photos.
Early bird entry closes 8pm this evening.
Late entry then available until 6pm tomorrow, but why pay more than you
Race Director: Lisa
Abel | John
Fruit | Ice: Roger Decurtins
1. We would like a couple more volunteers to assist with marshalling
etc. If you can help, please email email@example.com
2. Presentations will take place after this event so we encourage
you to stay afterwards.
3. There will be a couple of lucky draws so do hang around for those
TECHNICAL OFFICIALS COURSE:
1. Our TO Course is confirmed for this Wednesday 12 April 2017 6-9pm
2. Thanks to those people who have replied and are keen to learn more
about the rules of our sport and how to implement them. You will have
received an email with details.
3. We have had a withdrawal, so if you are interested in attending (the
more the merrier) please complete expressions of interest here.
1. Great to hear Phil
Blumberg is on the mend.
2. Our two Toms are among those heading south for Challenge Melbourne
this weekend. Good luck TomMarsh
and Tom Ryan!
3. Our field is looking great for Sunday! The 2016 Winners of
our Series (& NT Champions) were Brett
Verity and Rachel
McLean. The Series will definitely have new
placegetters this year and possibly new champions as well.
4. The event is often a stepping stone for members, so good luck to
all those doing their first ever Sprint Distance event on Sunday!
5. Appears it was a very popular move to add in the short option as
well. Just a reminder, for this event, participants in the shorter
distance will be receiving one (1) participation point.
6. See you all, bright and early at Lake Alex. Not
participating? Come on down and watch the action and we can always
use extra help.